Car companies continue to enjoy positive response from buyers in the Indian market. Most of the automakers have posted positive sales growth in the month of August 2022. While Maruti Suzuki maintains the top spot, Tata Motors and Mahindra have posted their highest monthly sales. In this article, we talk about the top 10 car companies in the month of August 2022.
Top 10 Car Companies August 2022
– Maruti Suzuki has sold 1,34,166 vehicles in August 2022 as against 1,03,187 units in the same month last year. The company reported a year-on-year sales growth of 30.02 percent and currently holds a market share of 40.87 percent.
|Car Companies||August 2022||August 2021||Sales Growth|
– Hyundai grabs the second position in the list of top 10 car companies in August 2022; however, the gap between Hyundai and Tata is getting slimmer. The company sold 49,510 vehicles in August 2022 as against 46,866 units in the same month last year, reporting a YoY growth of 5.4 percent. It currently has a market share of 15.08 percent.
– Tata Motors has reported an outstanding sales growth in the month of August 2022. It sold 47,166 units last month as compared to 28,018 units in August 2021, positive a massive 68.34 percent sales growth. It currently has a market share of 14.37 percent.
– Mahindra and Kia are at 4th and 5th position with market share of 9.09% and 6.80% respectively. Mahindra sold 29,852 vehicles in August as against 15,973 units in the same month last year, registering a massive YoY sales growth of 86.89 percent. On the other hand, Kia sold 22,322 vehicles last month compared to 16,750 units in August 2021, registering 33.27% YoY sales growth.
– Toyota is in 6th position with 14,959 units sold in August 2022 as against 12,772 units in the same month last year. It has a market share of 4.56 percent. Honda reported a negative sales growth of 30.49 percent with 7,769 units in August 2022 as against 11,177 units in the same month last year.
– Renault also posted a negative sales growth of over 27% with 7,012 units as against 11,177 units in the same month last year. Skoda reported a YoY sales growth of 10.26 per cent with 4,222 vehicles sold in August 2022 compared to 3,829 units in the same month 2021. MG is at 10th position with 3,823 units sold in August, reporting a negative sales of 11.40%.