The VR Noh Ghost in the Shell stage play – a production inspired by Masamune Shirow’s classic cyberpunk manga that incorporates classical theater traditions and modern stage technology to create an immersive impression of a virtual reality world – will be staged for the first time using a 360 degree stage in Tokyo in November of 2022 The main staff and cast of the production include:
- Original Work: Ghost in the Shell by Masamune Shirow (published by Kodansha under their KC Deluxe label)
- Starring: Takanobu Sakaguchi, Kohei Kawaguchi, Kengo Tanimoto, Saburota Kanze
- Special navigator: Hiro Shimono
- Director: Shutaro Oku
- Script: Junichi Fujisaki
- 3D technology: Professor Kentaro Fukuchi (Meiji University)
- VR technology: Professor Masahiko Inami (Tokyo University)
- Producer: Yuka Jimbo
- Production: VR Noh Ghost in the Shell Production Committee
RELATED: VR Noh Ghost in the Shell Stage Play Hacks Tokyo in April of 2022
Debuting in August of 2020, the VR Noh Ghost in the Shell stage play has previously been performed at the Setagaya Public Theater venue in Tokyo, at the Hakataza Theater venue in Fukuoaka, and at the Sapporo Cultural Arts Theater venue in Hokkaido, and the Tokyo Metropolitan Theater Playhouse venue in Tokyo.
The VR Noh Ghost in the Shell The stage play will be performed on November 03, 2022, at the IHI Stage Around Tokyo venue in Tokyo, Japan. The venue is notable for having a 360 degree stage which audience members experience by sitting in rotating chairs. Tickets to the production are available for pre-order beginning on September 03, 2022, with general admission ticket sales beginning on October 01, 2022.
Source: Comic Natalie
Copyright notice: © Masamune Shirow・Kodansha / VR Noh Ghost in the Shell Production Committee
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.